No Crust Spinach and White Cheddar Quiche

• 6 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 cup (about 4 ounces) freshly grated Swiss
  1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Place your pie plate on a cookie sheet and lightly coat with non stick cooking spray.
  2. Sauté the onion in the butter until the onion is soft and golden. Add the spinach and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool while you prepare the custard.
  3. Beat eggs until well blended. Whisk in the milk, salt pepper, and nutmeg. Arrange half the cheese in the bottom of the prepared dish, add the sauteed vegetables, pour in the egg mixture to fill to the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
  4. Bake until just set and slightly puffed around the sides as in the photo, but still a tiny bit jiggly or soft in the two inch circle of the center when you gently shake the oven rack. Usually a pie will bake for about 25 minutes, but begin checking it at 20 minutes and cook until it is done. Let cool for 15 minutes, cut it into wedges and serve.
  5. You will thank me for this easy meal once you taste this!

8 thoughts on “No Crust Spinach and Swiss Quiche

1. Janet says:

Something seems to be missing from the recipe as it mentions a prepared crust but does not have one in the ingredient list nor does it have you prepare one

2. Mercedes says:

I love this recipe. I’d never made a quiche before, and wouldn’t have imagined it without a crust. The nutmeg makes this dish. Its fantastic to make on the weekend and have fast breakfast for several days of the work week. I made it for the second time today and added a bit of ham. It was wonderful. Thank you so much!

3. Melissa Muckart says:

THis looks so yummy! I’m really keen to try some of the. Recipes on this website but none of them have nutritional information and at least this one doesn’t say how many servings in the recipe. Is this something that you’re planning for the future?

4. kellybruning says:

Outstanding. This was so good, and the leftovers were perfect for breakfast or lunch. Ok, or dinner too, lol.

5. Arkyoutlaw says:

This is one of my favorites. Been making it for years from the top of my head but had not seen a recipe that laid it all out. I added some crumbled cooked bacon and mushrooms. Awesome.

6. Denise J says:

Do you have a breakdown of the protein/fat/carbs for this recipe? My family LOVES spinach quiche they would gobble this up in no time! I’d like to be able to track the calories, etc.