No products in the cart.
Potato Salad is a wonderful thing, a great side for a barbecue or weekend meal. I decided to make a potato salad with a twist: cubed rutabaga, radish, egg, celery, and spices, and not a spud in sight!
Fauxtato Salad-Not One Potato In Sight!
Potato Salad is a wonderful thing, but not really bariatric appropriate. I decided to welcome this wonder back into my life: with a twist. Cubed rutabaga, radish, egg, and celery-and not a spud in sight!
Author: Alison Garcia
Recipe type: Side Dish
- Fauxtato Salad-Potato Free Goodness
- Recipe Type: Side
- Author: Alison Garcia
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 slice fully cooked bacon(I used Al Fresco chicken bacon), crumbled
- Fresh dill and parsley
- 3 Tablespoons Woeber's brand smoky bacon mayo
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay herb and garlic seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
- Boil a large pot of water and cook rutabaga for approximately 15 minutes, until you are able to poke a fork into it. Do not overcook-Strain and place in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool.
- Put 1 of the eggs, celery, and radish into bowl. Add crumbled bacon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayo, Old Bay, pickle juice, garlic, and Dijon mustard. Place bowl in refrigerator to chill.
- Add rutabaga to bowl with radish and celery, mix to combine. Pour dressing and gently mix one more time to avoid breaking up rutabaga. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours. Stir before serving, garnish with fresh dill, parsley, and other egg.
- Served below with brined and grilled chicken with sugar free barbecue sauce.
Shown below with brined and grilled chicken breast with sugar free barbecue sauce.