No products in the cart.
Breakfast Muffins are a BIG time saver and boost for your weight loss! Make a batch on Sunday and have them all week long. Todays Special are roasted red pepper, Italian herbs, smoked Provolone cheese with lots of Parmesan.
Bariatric Breakfast Muffins
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup evaporated or whole milk (fat free milk wont puff as high)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, from a jar, cut into fine dice - about ½ cup
- One handful of fresh spinach leaves, rolled up and cut crossways into fine shreds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat parsley OR ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup regular or smoked provolone
- 4 ounces cooked and finely crumbled Italian sausage or chopped ham (meat is optional)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees - spray a twelve cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk until smooth; add the red pepper, spinach, seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in half the provolone, and if using, ham.
- Using an ice cream scoop or ¼ cup measure, scoop the mixture into the muffin tin. Fill 8 to 10 of the cups to about ¼ from the top, then top with a little of the remaining provolone.
- Bake until the egg is set, the tops are puffed above pan and cheese has turned golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes. Generously top with the Parmesan cheese. Run a butter knife around the outside of each muffin and gently remove from the tin with a large spoon.