I love rack of lamb and lamb chops! These perfect and lean chops are the right size and tenderness for bariatric dining.
I pan sear the chops while my Parmesan Cauliflower roasts and then pop them into the oven to finish while the salad gets plated. This is a 30 minute meal that is an excellent choice for a holiday or special occasion meal. This plate of food could be served in a very fancy pants restaurant! The cauliflower is out of this world.
Pan Seared Lamb Chop Dinner for 2
- ½ medium head cauliflower, cut into 1 inch slices or planks
- olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, or I like to use a Tuscan or meat seasoning such as Szeged for Chicken or Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- 3 loin lamb chops - I like the kind that are like little T-bone steaks and get one for me and two for Ty.
- Baby lettuce
- Pink Pickled Eggs and Beets
- Small knob of cheese for salad - blue cheese, goat cheese, mozzarella ball, smoked Gouda, your choice and just a small cube
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and have both racks in the oven.
- Arrange cauliflower on sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Roast on top rack of oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Season the lamb chops on both sides and sear in a drizzle of olive oil in a non stick skillet, 2 minutes per side.
- Place entire skillet on bottom rack of oven and reduce temperature to 325. Cook for 8 minutes. Remove lamb chops to a plate to rest.
- Arrange small salad on serving plates with slices of Pink Pickled Egg, cheese, beets, and finish with salt pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic.
- Plate the lamb and roasted cauliflower and serve.