No products in the cart.
Think of how you would feel if this plate of food was set in front of you in a restaurant! Table for two please.
Cooking half a ham is sort of silly for one or two or even three or four people. What if you could make just the right amount? I remember in years past when my Mother and Grandmother would literally spend all day in the kitchen for a holiday meal preparing 10 or 12 separate dishes. I love to have a special meal but don’t have the luxury of that much time.
This meal just tastes like you did, but the truth is that it takes 30 minutes! This is a perfect Holiday or Sunday Dinner – it is delicious and there is plenty. Make our Pink Pickled Eggs ahead of time to devil, or you can make regular deviled eggs.
Pineapple Glazed Ham Dinner for 2
Ham Steak with 'No Sugar' Glazed Pineapple Ring - Sweet Potato Puree - Pan Sauteed Asparagus - Deviled Pink Pickled Egg
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- One 8 ounce ham steak - cut in half - I buy Jones or Hormal Cure 81 and divide for 2
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Two 1 inch slices fresh pineapple
- 4 tablespoons Smucker's Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
- Splash of chicken broth - I buy Swanson in the reclosable juice box
- Pinch of clove
- Maraschino cherries
- 8 asparagus spears - bottom half peeled
- Deviled Pink Pickled Egg halves and a few baby greens
- 1 large sweet potato, roasted in a 400 degree oven until soft when pressed with fingers - cook early then whip with butter and set aside
- Lightly brown the ham on both sides in butter in a non stick skillet over medium high heat; remove to a plate and set aside. Brown the pineapple rings, add the preserves, a pinch of sea salt, a few grinds of black pepper and small pinch of clove. Add a little of the pineapple juice or chicken broth to help the preserves melt and create a sauce or glaze. Add the ham back to the pan along with any juices. Heat and plate.
- Heat sweet potato puree and add a dollop to plate.
- Sauté a few peeled asparagus spears in a drop of olive oil in a small skillet and add to plate.
- Arrange the deviled egg half on top of baby greens.
- Serve your lovely plated meal.