No products in the cart.
Fry up Ham and Smoked Gouda in a skillet with this Secret Ingredient for delicious low carb, bariatric friendly Hash Browns. Top with a fried egg and wow, what a breakfast!
‘Hash Browns’ & Eggs for Breakfast
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 6 ounces smoked ham, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ head cauliflower, riced using the largest holes of an old fashioned box grater, about 4 cups
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 scallions, minced, about ⅓ cup
- ½ cup grated smoked Gouda, about 2 ounces
- Fried eggs
- Sriracha sauce
- Brown the ham in the butter over high heat in a large nonstick skillet or wok, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cauliflower and stir fry until softened and edges are beginning to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and taste.
- In a small non stick pan, cook 4 eggs in butter or olive oil to deserved doneness.
- Scatter the 'hash browns' with the scallions and smoked Gouda, toss and cook for one minute. Divide between 4 plates. Top each with an egg and add Sriracha to taste.