No products in the cart.
This is a protein rich creamy egg and ricotta custard posing as a dessert. It makes a wonderful breakfast lunch supper, or TV watching family ‘dessert’. I love this dish!
Baked Peaches and Cream
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 6 eggs
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup Polly O part skim milk ricotta
- 1 cup Splenda Granulated
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- One, 15 ounce can Libby's Splenda sweetened peaches, well drained, wedges split in half
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a deep dish pie plate or 2 quart ceramic baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Add the the eggs, evaporated milk, ricotta, Splenda and vanilla to the blender and puree until very smooth.
- Pour the filling into the baking dish and arrange the peach slices on the custard filling. It does not have to be decorative!
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until the filling is slightly puffed at the edges and is just set - meaning it should be firm yet slightly jiggly when you gently move the pie plate from side to side - a little soft in the center is desired.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
JOIN BARIATRIC EATING SUPPORT GROUP ON FACEBOOK Click Here