No products in the cart.
This is a protein rich creamy egg and ricotta custard posing as a dessert. It makes a wonderful breakfast lunch supper, or TV watching family ‘dessert’. I love this dish!
Baked Peaches and Cream
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk - use whole or evaporated for a creamier result
- One 15 ounce container ricotta or cottage cheese - I use PollyO or Calabro skim or original, NOT fat free
- 1 cup Splenda Granulated - or ½ cup Truvia
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- One, 15 ounce can Libby's Splenda sweetened peaches, well drained, wedges split in half
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a deep dish pie plate or 2 quart ceramic baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine the the eggs, milk, ricotta, Splenda, vanilla, cinnamon and cornstarch in a blender and puree until very smooth.
- Pour the filling into the baking dish and arrange the peach slices on the custard filling.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until the filling is slightly puffed at the edges and is just set meaning it should be firm yet slightly jiggly when you gently move the pie plate from side to side - a little soft in the center is desired.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.