No products in the cart.
Sheet pan meals are a fantastic and quick way to create an entire meal without spending an hour cooking and an hour washing all those dishes!
This meal takes a bit of prep, I start with chicken that even out in thickness a bit with a heavy meat tenderizer, this helps to get it to cook quickly and evenly but also tenderizes it a bit. You can use any heavy object to get the same effect!
Once ready I toss in a big Ziplock bag and shake it a bit to evenly coat. Then back in the fridge it goes until I am ready to cook.
Tip: I usually do this right before leaving for work. When I return from the office it’s READY to cook.
SHEET PAN MEAL: Cheesy Italian Chicken
Quick and easy cheesy chicken
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Lemon, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled can chopped roughly
- ½ tbsp Salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Zucchini, sliced
- Baby Broccoli, trimmed and washed
- Tomato, quartered
- ½ cup of Tomato Sauce, in this recipe I used Mario Batali but feel free to use any that does not include sugar as an ingredient
- 1½ tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Provolone Cheese slices, you could also use Mozzarella
- Parsley, chopped as a garnish
- Grated Parmesan, truly just a light sprinkle
- Pound the chicken quickly so it's an even thickness.
- Place in gallon sized ziplock baggie, and add the lemon, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic and 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Shake and smush to even coat the chicken and squeeze a bit of juice from the lemon.
- Place bag in fridge for up to 9 hours, but at least 1 hour.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 425.
- On your biggest sheet pan, place the chicken to one side, then lay the veggies on the other.
- Drizzle remaining Olive Oil on veggies and season lightly with salt, pepper and a bit of the Italian seasoning. Just a couple shakes of each.
- Place a tablespoon of the sauce on each chicken breast.
- Slice the cheese in half and top the chicken with the cheese.
- Place in oven to bake until chicken reaches 180 degrees internally, about 15-20 min.
- Serve with remaining sauce if you like, garnish with a sprinkle of cheese and parsley.