No products in the cart.
Summertime has finally arrived in my neck of the woods so I start craving lighter, fresh meals. BUT…I still need them to be easy and quick plus be something a 4 year old would eat. Tonight’s fish tacos hit all points for sure. Fresh. Easy. Delicious! Meals like this are how I’m staying at goal after losing my regain after my revision! ~~Suzi Shaw, Lead Admin on Bariatric Eating Support & No More Bariatric Regain Support Groups on Facebook
SHEET PAN MEAL: Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
Author: Suzi Shaw, Lead Admin
- 1 pound Fish Filets, I used Swai
- 1 small ear of Corn, remove corn from cob with a sharp knife (will be about ½ cup kernels)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning (can use Low Sodium if you like)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4oz Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 large Lemon, quartered
- ¼ Small Red Cabbage, sliced thin (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Radishes, cut into matchsticks.
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Lettuce Leaves
- Optional Granic: Cilantro, Avocado slices, radish or chopped onions.
- Pre-Heat oven to 425
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lay fish to one side of pan.
- Arrange the corn and tomatoes into small even piles.
- Drizzle Olive Oil on fish and veggies
- Sprinkle Taco Seasoning on the fish and veggies. I used about ½ the package. Adjust according to how strong you want the flavor.
- Roast until the fish is flaky and cooked through, about 15 min. Remove from oven
- Combine yogurt, the juice from 2 lemon slices, salt, pepper and the salsa in a bowl and set aside.
- Stirr cabbage, radish, cilantro, the roasted corn and 2 tablespoons of the yogurt sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange ½ a filet in each lettuce leaf and garnish as desired with slaw, yogurt sauce and if desired avocado, radish, cilantro and onions. Serve roasted tomatoes on the side.