No products in the cart.
Dinner on a stick is as fun as it is delicious. I love fajitas, but in a restaurant they can be an expensive meal.
A pound of protein – shrimp, chicken, pork tenderloin, or beef, a pepper, a couple slices of bacon and some simple salsa ingredients are under $15 at most stores. When was the last time you bought such a nice meal for 4 people for that little?
My dinner on a stick is a tasty Fajitas with a Creamy Mexican Salsa. Susan Maria’s dinner on a stick is charred marinated pork fajita with tender summer vegetables – zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, portobello mushroom, mmmmm. We’ve also featured a fajita chicken and vegetable skewer, yum!
One recipe for four different dinners! Perfect. And the sauce is out of this world and makes it all so easy to eat!
Fajita Shrimp Kabobs with Bacon and Avocado Sauce
Author: Suzi Shaw, Lead Admin on Facebook Support Groups
- For the Shrimp Skewers:
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 slices bacon, cooked until just barely crisp and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Pepper, Green Bell Pepper or Poblano, cleaned and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Cherry Tomatoes, washed and patted dry
- ½ packet Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- For the Salsa:
- 1 can Tomatillos, found near the Salsa and canned chilies
- 1 small bunch Cilantro
- 1 medium Avocado
- ½ medium white onion, roughly chopped
- Juice from ½ Lime
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 6oz Plain Greek Yogurt, one of the single serving sizes is perfect
- Jalapeño pepper, cleaned and diced.
- Shredded Cheese
- In a food processor add the onion, tomatillos, cilantro, avocado, lime juice salt and if using the pepper.
- Chop until well blended, then add the yogurt and process again until only slightly chunky If you would like it smoother add water in 1 tablespoon amounts until it's the thickness you desire.
- Set aside in the fridge while you prep the shrimp.
- In a large bowl drizzle the oil on the shrimp and sprinkle ½ the packet of seasoning. Stir well to coat all shrimp.
- If using metal skewers, spray well with cooking spray.
- Thread the pepper, bacon shrimp and tomatoes.
- Grill until shrimp are solid in color anåd bright pink.
- Remove from the skewer and serve with the salsa on the side