Light as a cloud with the flavors of pizza. Divine! You won’t believe this one. Yeah, this is delicious.

Bariatric Eating Pizza Clouds

Amazing flavors… tomato, parmesan, Italian herbs and even pepperoni. Tons of flavor with 100 calories per Pizza Cloud, 3 carbs and 1 gram of fat. Absolutely simple, yet flavorful perfection. PIZZA CLOUDS ROCK!

5.0 from 4 reviews
Pizza Clouds
  • 8 eggs, separated
  • ¼ cup cottage cheese
  • ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
  • ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • ¼ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
  • 1 small zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
  • ½ cup diced Boars Head pepperoni - use lean pepperoni, NOT fatty turkey pepperoni
  • 1 Roma tomato,cut in half, squeezed of seeds and diced
  • ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with muffin papers and set aside. You can also use Ramekins or Custard Cups if you prefer.
  3. In a blender pulse the egg yolks and cottage cheese until smooth - transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, zucchini, pepperoni and tomato.
  4. In a separate medium bowl add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat on high speed until fluffy with stiff peaks.
  5. Gently fold the egg whites into the ‘pizza’ yolk mixture until just combined.
  6. Carefully spoon into each of 12 cups.
  7. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until puffed and golden.
  8. Serve with warmed marinara sauce and additional Parmesan, if desired.

Bariatric Eating Pizza Clouds

Bariatric Eating Pizza Clouds

20 thoughts on “Pizza Clouds – Light as a feather & pure protein

• Suzanne Shaw says:

When I made them I made 12, but the number could vary based on how large of a muffin pan or ramekin you use. I wouldn’t freeze them, the “cloud” is delicate and it will be a bit flat I think.

• Suzanne Shaw says:

Sure! Just use about 1 cup that’s grated, you might want to steam it first though and then squeeze out the water. The Zucchini cooks quicker than Cauliflower would.

1. Michele R says:

Hi! This looks excellent! As a new diabetic I am always looking for recipes that satisfy my cravings without breaking my diet. When you say ‘3 carbs’, do you mean 3 grams or do you mean 3 carb units? Thank you!

• Lianna says:

Most cooks suggest ricotta is a good sub for cottage cheese. It does have a different texture and taste, though. I prefer ricotta in general to cottage cheese. I don’t like the lumpiness of cottage cheese. I think ricotta would work well here. Like cottage, it has high moisture, and you’re blending the curds away, so that textural element is not crucial to the recipe.

2. Lana says:

Made these this weekend…. yummy!! Even my nonsurgical- hubby liked them (and he didn’t realize there was zucchini in there) …these are definitely going to become a regular dish!! Thanks Susan & Suzi for giving us some great recipes!!!

3. Angela says:

One week post-bariatric surgery. I would like to see the Nutrition Label on your recipes. Is it posted somewhere that I have missed?

4. vchaud1 says:

Do you think you could cut recipe in half? I don’t know how to keep 12 of these when I am the only one who would be eating them,

5. Mary Ann says:

I made these yesterday, and had to cook them a bit longer than the 15 minutes in the recipe, but they are fantastic. I don’t like cottage cheese because of the texture, but these are perfect since the cottage cheese is pureed in a blender.