Simmer a tender pork roast all day and serve with a slightly sweet and tangy sauce for a dinner that’s Lip-Smacking’ Good!
For the Pulled Pork:
- Pork Butt, 3-4 pounds in size
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cracked Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1-2 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- Rub the spices all over the roast, be sure to coat evenly and on all sides
- Place in Slow Cooker
- Add stock to the pot so that it's about 1 inch deep
- Cook on High Heat for 6 Hours or Low for 8
When the roast is cooked and fork tender, drain off all of the liquid. Take two forks and shred the meat.
Add 1/2 to 1 cup of Sauce, stir well to coat and replace the lid on the slow cooker. Switch setting to Keep Warm and serve in 1 hour with sauce on the side.
For the sauce:
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon Truvia Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco (can use ketchup if you would like the sauce more mild)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together
- Drizzle on cooked meat.
- Store tightly covered in fridge for up to two months.
Try serving this with our Boston Baked Beans and a simple tossed salad on the side.