No products in the cart.
A warm and creamy, Bariatric friendly version of everyones favorite soup!
You can literally have this in bowls on the table in ten minutes. Your family will love it too! Serve with turkey sandwiches for the rest of the clan.
Easy Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- One 28-ounce can whole or diced tomatoes - I use Hunt's
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth - Swanson Natural Goodness is excellent
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Inspire Grilled Cheese Protein Crunchers
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil, stirring occasionally, until tender and translucent, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with juice and broth - simmer for 10 minutes.
- At this point, you may use an immersion stick blender and puree the soup smooth, puree in food processor or blender, or serve as is, chunky style. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, reheat, remove from burner and stir in the butter.
- Ladle a small portion into a bowl and eat with Inspire Grilled Cheese Protein Crunchers.