No products in the cart.
I found an apricot butter at farm stand in Pennsylvania that read INGREDIENTS: APRICOTS… and knew it would be perfect for this simple almond tart that would be wonderful for Passover or Easter
Desserts for Passover cannot contain flour and traditionally do not contain dairy. This is a light almond tart with jammy flavors of apricots! Win.
Jam Cake for Passover
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 6 large eggs, separated
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- ⅓ cup no sugar apricot preserves plus additional for glazing
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with non stick vegetable spray and line the bottom with parchment or wax paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks with the Truvia, preserves, and extract to a smooth pale cream. Add the ground almonds and mix very well.
- With clean beaters, beat the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold them into the egg and almond mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan, scatter with almonds and bake in a preheated 350°F until it feels firm to the touch, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool before turning out.
- Just before serving brush the cake with melted jam.