Seasoning is key to great simple food and since these are very simple freshly made turkey burgers, what you sprinkle on your meat along with basic cooking technique is going to make the biggest difference!Mmmmm, herbs and spices make the burger! Szeged is a Hungarian spice blend company and these are not only super delicious but they are super simple and the name of the blend TELLS you what to use it on - Chicken (turkey!) - Steak (beef!) - Fish (shrimp!) - Ribs (pork!). They are available in most grocery stores and you need to buy them all now OR pick up one every time you shop to assemble all four! Years ago, a friend Michelle Red asked me to make her a chart of which herbs and seasonings matched what food as she did not know dill matched salmon while not so wonderful on beef. These seasonings will take your simple pan seared foods to a new level with just a sprinkle.
- Pick up about a pound of freshly ground turkey at your grocery store and form 4 nice smooth four ounce patties.
- Rub both sides with olive oil, sprinkle generously with your seasoning blend or even just sea salt and freshly ground pepper ON BOTH SIDES OF YOUR BURGER.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium high, add the burgers to the pan and cook them for 4 minutes per side, undisturbed.
- DO NOT PRESS THEM DOWN, don't really mess with them at all, other than to flip them and cook the other side for 4 minutes.
- Again, DO NOT PRESS THEM DOWN.
- Allow them to rest for a minute or two while you prepare a lovely bed of greens. The juices will reabsorb into the meat rather than run all over the plate!
- Serve on a bed of baby mixed lettuce and drizzle the whole deal with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The key is in the simplicity - good ingredients taste great - so let them shine.
I need a bit of sauciness to further moisten my food.
The Burger Sauce - Bariatric Perfection
Try this, you will love it!