Having recently been introduced to a whole new world of Indian spices courtesy of the gentleman of Panna ll in the Lower East Side of New York City – I used some of my new spices and discovered a delicious new Deviled Egg flavor profile. Easy easy easy.
- 12 eggs
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Smoked paprika as garnish
- Place the eggs in a large pot in a single layer and fill with cold water to cover by one inch. Bring the water to a boil, cover the pot, remove from the heat, and let the eggs cook undisturbed in the hot water for 16 minutes.
- Drain the hot water and cool the eggs by running cold water over them in the pan. Peel and halve lengthwise. Separate the yolks from the whites, place the yolks in a bowl; arrange the egg whites on a large serving platter.
- Finely mash the yolks with a fork. Combine with the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, and salt. Using a small metal ice cream scoop, portion the mixture neatly into the egg whites. OR spoon the mixture into a plastic bag and snip the corner in order to neatly pipe the filling into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika.