Place this dish on the family table and they will all love it – you don’t need to explain where the marshmallows and brown sugar have gone.
The dish stands on its own and goes beautifully with holiday turkey. The Starbucks Sugar Free Caramel Syrup adds incredible flavor without turning this into a high sugar, high calorie dish.
Caramel Pecan Sweet Potatoes, Sugar Free
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 4 to 6 large sweet potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup Sugar Free Caramel Syrup - Starbucks,Toriani, DaVinci
- ¼ cup butter
- Whole or chopped pecans, toast them in non stick pan for 4 to 6 minutes for extra crisp texture
- Roast the sweet potatoes on a foil lined sheet pan for 45 to 60 minutes, until soft when squeezed. Remove from oven, and when cool enough to handle, peel and transfer to a large bowl. Add the sugar free syrup, butter and salt; beat until fluffy and smooth with hand mixer. May be prepared in advance to this stage.
- Spoon mixture into buttered 3-quart baking dish and arrange pecans on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.