Give me guacamole with a skewer of grilled shrimp and I am a happy girl! Make your own guacamole – most store bought brands do not contain but a dab of real avocado! Use guacamole as a spread for your wrap or sandwich.
- 3 Hass avocados, that yield slightly when pressed, purchase a day or two in advance to ripen
- 2 limes
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut in half, remove seeds, finely dice
- ½ teaspoon Hellmann's Mayonnaise (prevents browning)
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed (use a garlic press)
- ½ teaspoon tabasco or similar
- Kosher salt
- Tabasco sauce
- Mash avocados in a large bowl with a fork, leaving mixture slightly chunky. Fold in lime juice, tomatoes, mayonnaise, and garlic . Season with salt and Tabasco to taste. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: If I am making Salsa Fresca, I mash the avocados and use ⅓ cup to season my mashed avocados, then add the mayonnaise and garlic - season to taste.