These toasted nuts are off the chain. Since Ty’s family lives in the heart of prime pecan-growing region, I always have a big bag of pecans in the freezer. I make this recipe in a larger batch to take to a party as a gift for the hosts.
Spiced Toasted Pecans
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Maple Syrup or honey
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet and toast the pecans over medium high heat, stirring constantly to avoid having any burnt or dark spots. You are looking for a uniform darker color and a toasted fragrant aroma, 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl blend the Worcestershire, garlic powder, Tabasco, and syrup.
- Add to the hot pan, toss to coat and continue to cook until liquid is evaporated and nuts are fairly dry to the touch.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste while warm.
- Store in airtight container.