Chewy, moist and delicious, a wonderful cookie that happens to be sugar free. This recipe is designed to work with Nature Sweet Crystals - Sugar Replacer, Splenda does not work with these proportions. Make sure you use the parchment paper to line your baking sheet (or a Silpat) or you will have to pry the cookies from the surface. Another great cookie tip is to pick up a one inch ‘ice cream scoop’ from the kitchen gadget section of your grocery store. It is made for measuring an even portion for perfect batches of cookies and is invaluable.
- ¾ cup Nature Sweet Crystals - Sugar Replacer
- 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ¼ cups sliced unblanched almonds, about 10 ounces
- Parchment paper (available in grocery stores near the plastic wrap)
- Lightly spray each of two baking sheets with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Place a sheet of parchment paper on each (parchment wont slide if you use the cooking spray first). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl using a whisk or electric beaters, beat the egg white until foamy - add Nature Sweet crystals and extract and blend on low speed until sugar substitute has dissolved and mixture is creamy. Fold in almonds to coat and mixture is evenly moistened. Mound tablespoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Cool for 10 minutes and carefully remove to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Serving size: Makes 36 cookies