Asian Meatball Lettuce Wraps
This is a meal you assemble rather than cook. It is so fresh and unexpected - light! The entire wrap can be stuffed into a warm crusty roll for those in the family who eat bread.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 2 tablespoons rice or white vinegar
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- ½ small cucumber, peeled & shredded
- One package Aidells Teriyaki Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 8 medium butter lettuce leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Soy sauce
- Blend vinegar and Splenda in a small bowl, add carrots and cucumber - and then toss. Saute the meatballs, in the sesame oil, in a medium skillet over medium high heat for 4 to 6 minutes, until heated through.
- To serve, place 2 meatballs in the center of a lettuce leaf. Top with some of the pickled vegetables, green onion, and cilantro. Drizzle with a little soy sauce. Roll or wrap the lettuce around the meatballs and eat out-of-hand as you would a taco.