Grilled Lamb Chops with Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
I really love lamb - it has always been a favorite when dining out, but it is so expensive these days. At home, for two of us, I buy two double-cut chops and it is both delicious and reasonable when I want to make a nice dinner for Ty and myself. I find that lamb is very tender and easy to eat as a bariatric post-op. The key is to preheat that grill pan or skillet and when the chops hit the pan, leave them alone - we are going for that sear on the outside with an inside that is pink to red, medium rare. If you love lamb, give this dish a try!
- 4 double cut lamb chops, about 1 ½ inches thick
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried rosemary leaves
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- ½ cup marinated roasted red peppers (from a jar)
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pits carefully removed
- ¼ cup diced feta
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Arrange the lamb chops on a plate and season with crushed garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper on both sides. Allow meat to come to room temperature and marinate.
- Combine cooked and cooled quinoa with roasted peppers, olives, feta, cucumber, and parsley. Add lemon and olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat until almost smoking, add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3½ minutes for medium. Remove from the pan and allow meat to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into single chops. Serve with Quinoa salad.
Serving size: Serves 4