Mexican Meatball Soup
This is one of my favorite soups and one of my husband’s most requested suppers. I have always made my own meatballs, but using Celentano brand frozen meatballs has turned this dish into one of the fastest & easiest weeknight suppers that I can prepare. Makes a large pot of soup for more than one weeknight meals. Excellent to take to work for reheating!
- Two, 32-ounce cartons Swanson beef broth
- 2 cups prepared salsa (I use Goya, Frontera, or Newman’s Own and add the whole jar)
- ½ cup Ronzoni small pasta bows
- Half of a 38-ounce bag of Celentano Italian-style frozen mini meatballs - do not defrost - I like 5 meatballs per bowl
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Grated anejo or Parmesan cheese
- Combine broth and salsa in a medium pot; bring to a boil. Add pasta, if using, and frozen meatballs; cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in cilantro. Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with a bit of cheese and serve.
Serving size: 8