A Shrimp Cocktail has meant the meal is special ever since The Sixties. This version bathes the shrimp and or crab in a creamy and slightly smoky chipotle sauce. The wow factor comes from serving them in a martini or wine glass. It’s a super easy to eat dish that people really enjoy.
Mexican Seafood Cocktail
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- ¼ cup Fage Greek yogurt – important to use Greek as regular is too thin and too tart
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann’s Mayo
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco Chipotle sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher or Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked shrimp and crab - or for more people about ¼ pound per person
- 2 cups baby arugula, shredded romaine
- black olive garnish
- Whisk together the yogurt, mayo, lime juice, lime zest, chipotle and cilantro until smooth. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. GENTLY fold in the lump crab and shrimp. Chill until ready to portion and serve.
- Presentation: place lettuce in a medium bowl and toss with a tablespoon of the dressing from the bottom of the bowl of seafood. Place a bed of the lettuce into the wine or martini glass or make a small next on small plate. Spoon on the seafood salad and garnish with black olives.