Mustard Sauce for Crab Claws, Shrimp, or Salmon
Here in Florida we have the precious Stone Crab Claws that are sweet and succulent. They are sold cooked and chilled - they crack the shells for you in a special way as they aren't called Stone Crab for nothing! Many fish markets carry snow crab claws and they also look beautiful when arranged on a platter for a party or appetizer tray. This mustard sauce is a classic that originated at Joe's Stone Crab restaurant in Miami. While the recipe is a secret, this homemade version is as close as it gets. Delicious! It is absolutely delicious when spooned over grilled or roasted Salmon!
- 1 tablespoon Colman's dry mustard, or to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup reduced fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon A1 Steak Sauce
- ¼ cup fat free half & half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine dry mustard, mayonnaise, sour cream Worcestershire sauce, A1, half & half - season with salt and pepper and chill before serving.
Serving size: Makes one cup