These sugar free cookies are excellent with a mug of YUM No Sugar Added Hot Chocolate! The primary ingredient of rolled oats is a slow burning ‘good carbohydrate’. These cookies are not a calorie free food but they are an excellent holiday cookie.
Oatmeal Almond Crisps sugar free
Serves: Makes about 20 cookies
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Truvia sugar replacer
- 1½ cups rolled oats, not instant or quick cooking
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup raisins, optional
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon nonstick liners. This is an important step as without parchment or liner cookies will adhere to pan.
- Whisk together the egg, butter, vanilla and sweetener until smooth. Add the oatmeal, almonds and raisins; mix to coat. Drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. Spray the bottom of small spatula with nonstick cooking spray and flatten each cookie into a 2 inch round; making edges as even as possible. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on baking sheets. Store in airtight container.