Truvia makes an incredible cookie as this product adds texture and volume to the cookie dough that you just cannot get using Splenda. You can’t tell these chewy and delicious cookies from a full sugar peanut butter cookie.
I have a small 1 tablespoon ‘ice cream’ scoop that makes perfectly portioned cookies for this recipe. Nothing beats the wholesomeness of a homemade, four ingredient recipe.
Peanut Butter Cookies, no added sugar
Serves: Makes about 20 cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter, use the regular supermarket kind, not the fancy pants freshly ground kind
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Truvia or 1 cup Splenda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together peanut butter, egg, Truvia and salt until well blended. Scoop mixture by tablespoon and roll into balls. Arrange on two ungreased cookie sheets allowing 1 inch for dough to spread slightly as it bakes. Press down with a fork to flatten, first in one direction and then in another.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until just slightly firm when touched with fingertip. Allow to cool for 4 to 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.