This marinade is inspired by the roasted salmon dish we enjoyed at MGM Grand’s Shibuya Japanese sushi restaurant. This simple sweet and sour marinade made with Libby’s Splenda Sweetened Pineapple is perfect for salmon or chicken; and is excellent on the grill as well. Complete this delicious and healthy meal with spinach sautéed in garlic and sesame oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut up, or 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- One 14-ounce can Libby's Splenda Sweetened Pineapple – crushed or chunks
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Blend together the pineapple and juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger and pour over the chicken pieces in a shallow bowl or plastic bag. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drain the chicken pieces, reserving the marinade; arrange in a baking dish and roast 35 to-45 minutes, until the juices run clear and the chicken is golden. Reduce the reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium high heat until a thick glaze forms. Spoon a little sauce over the roasted chicken just before serving.
Serving size: Serves 4