I had a couple of pouches of salmon so I decided to figure out a tasty way to use it. The result is delicious - the salmon is creamy, very flavorful, easy for a post op at any stage to eat. The dish is also high protein, low carb, fast, and simple too. This is a perfect meal for your entire family!
- One 7 ounce pouch or can of Salmon (very good quality, no skin or bones, nice product!)
- 2 tablespoons Hellman's Light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg - blend egg first, then measure
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion or scallion
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay or favorite cajun or seasoning blend
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mash together the salmon with the mayonnaise, egg, onion, and Old Bay. Using a spoon, roughly divide the mixture and form into 4 slightly flattened 'meatballs'. Place on a plate in the refrigerator to firm while you make your salad to complete your meal.
- Heat a nonstick skillet with olive oil over medium high heat and saute the salmon patties until golden brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plates and serve immediately with tossed salad as a side dish.
Serving size: Makes 4 cakes