Seared Sesame Tuna Salad
A perfect salad that happens to take just 4 minutes to sear, and 6 minutes to assemble!
- Two, 6-ounce portions of ahi tuna
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Smucker's Sugar Free Orange Preserves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- a small pinch of crushed red pepper flake
- baby greens
- cucumber slices
- assorted vegetables
- Favorite sesame dressing - I use Mido bottled dressing - or blend peanut oil and rice vinegar 3 to 1 with a drop of toasted sesame oil
- Blend soy sauce, preserves, garlic, and red pepper in a small shallow bowl. Reserve one tablespoon of marinade and turn tuna to coat in remaining marinade. Heat non stick skillet and sear tuna on all sides, less than one minute per side. The sear is simply to flash brown all surfaces of the tuna, we are not cooking it.
- Toss greens with dressing and pile on plate - slice tuna and arrange on top of salad. Drizzle with remaining glaze.
Serving size: Serves 2