Shrimp Cocktail with Remoulade Sauce
Special as a simple supper or as an appetizer.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cup Creole mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup finely diced green onions
- Juice of one half lemon, remaining half sliced and reserved for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 5 medium cook shrimp per person, peeled and deveined
- Shredded lettuce, ripe tomato, red onion for salad base
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, ketchup, garlic, green onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco - cover and chill until serving.
- To assemble a Shrimp Remoulade cocktail, place a nest of lettuce, tomato, and onion salad on a salad plate. Toss the shrimp in a bowl with enough sauce to coat, and arrange a pile of the sauced shrimp on each lettuce bed. Add a spoonful of the remaining Remoulade Sauce in the center; garnish with a lemon slice.
Serving size: Makes about 1½ cups sauce for 10 cocktails