Spinach, Cheddar, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pie
I have this food group down to a science. This version does not even need to have the vegetables sauteed before assembly! Pie shell or no-pie shell, its up to you!
- 1 cup part skim ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg - do not skip this ingredient - trust me
- 6 large eggs
- 4 ounces Cabot Cheddar cheese - shredded by hand on a box grater
- One package Green Giant Chopped Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 10 large sundried tomatoes halves - diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, ricotta, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in large bowl. Fold in cheese, spinach, and tomatoes. Pour filling into prepared pan and bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into wedges.
Serving size: WLS portion a ⅛th wedge