Thai Peanut Sauce
A perfect appetizer dipping sauce for simply roasted skewers of meat or seafood.
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Juice of one lime
- ½ cup lite coconut milk (I buy the small cans)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, coconut milk, crushed red pepper, and sesame oil in a small pot over medium low heat, whisking in ¼ cup of water, a little at a time to bring to a smooth sauce consistency. Simmer for ten minutes to blend flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pan saute or broil skewers cubes of tofu, chicken, or shrimp that are brushed with peanut oil, until lightly browned; serve with small dish of sauce for dipping.