Tuna Avocado Melt
This is total no brainer food… a fast lunch that is extremely nutritious and so delicious. I layer my scoop of tuna and cheese on top of a beautiful slice of ripe tomato as a base for my melt or simply place the tuna salad in a small dish and layer on the cheese. I make this all of the time! If you would like to fortify your food with added protein, whisk a tablespoons of Pure 100% Unflavored Whey Isolate, into your mayo before blending it into your tuna... then add the remaining ingredients.
- Two 6 ounce pouches, Starkist albacore tuna
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's Light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Very thinly shaved celery
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices ripe tomato or grape tomato halves
- One ripe avocado - sliced or scoop from hand
- 4 thin slices provolone or pepper jack cheese
- Prepare your favorite tuna salad - mine is simply tuna, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, finely chopped red onion, celery, salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Assemble tuna melts by placing a thick slice of tomato on a foil lined baking sheet, layer with a scoop of tuna salad, fork smashed avocado, and a slice of cheese covering all. Broil 6 to 8 minutes, until cheese starts to brown, and is bubbling around edges. Use a metal ice cream scoop to neatly portion your tuna for neatness.
- Transfer to serving plates. Enjoy your squishy pile of food!