Watermelon Ice Pops
Outrageously good and soooooo easy! I also use ripe papaya for amazing Papaya Pops!
Serves: Makes 8 pops
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1/4 ounce packet)
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Half a small seedless watermelon
- ¾ cup Splenda granulated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water and immediately stir until dissolved, about a minute.
- Scoop out the red watermelon flesh using an ice cream scoop; measure out about 6 cups and add any juice left in scooped watermelon half.
- Puree watermelon with Splenda and lemon juice in blender then pour into a wire strainer you have set over a large bowl – reserving the juice.
- Stir in the dissolved gelatin. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze for several hours until frozen.