Zucchini Basil Soup
Creamy, delicious, simple and fresh. Blend a dollop of Greek yogurt with PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate to make this a complete protein meal. Also delish with a simple seasoned skewer of grilled chicken tenders or shrimp.
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds small zucchini, trimmed and cut crosswise into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth - Swanson Natural Goodness has excellent flavor
- ½ cup loosely packed basil leaves (or 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Basil in a tube)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Fage 2% or Total Greek Yogurt
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, until tender.
- Add zucchini and 1 teaspoon sea salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the broth and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. DO NOT OVERCOOK YOUR ZUCCHINI, think fresh green color.
- Puree soup with basil in 2 batches in a blender or food processor (use caution when blending hot liquids).
- Pour back into pot and add additional broth to bring to desired consistency.
- Season soup with salt and pepper and serve in shallow bowls with Greek yogurt.