Zucchini Sauteed with Almonds & Parmesan
This dish is so simple yet it surprisingly flavorful and delicious for the little effort involved. I could eat a whole bowl of this.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ounces of Parmesan cheese, shave into thin slices with vegetable peeler
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices, then cut crosswise into matchsticks.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet and sauté the almonds until they are light golden brown. Add the zucchini, and toss with the almonds; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until zucchini wilts and gives off moisture.
- Transfer to serving bowl and scatter with Parmesan flakes. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Serves 4