All I have to say is wow! Serve this after a special occasion dinner and blow everyones mind. A true cheesecake that happens to be sugar free. Sugar free chocolate chips are hard to find, but Ghirahdelli semi sweet dark chips work beautifully as long as you are mindful they are not sugar free.
Double Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 12 Murrays or Voortman sugar free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Three, 8 ounce packages Philadelphia Reduced Fat Cream Cheese - do not use fat free as it has starch thickeners that don't work for cooking/baking
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup Fage Total Greek yogurt - one small cup is 6 ounces
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F. Lightly spray a 9 inch springform pan with vegetable cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Pulse the cookies in the large bowl of a food processor until they are finely ground. Add butter and blend until moistened. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Chill while filling is prepared.
- Mix cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla, and Greek yogurt with electric mixer on medium speed or in food processor until well blended and very smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until blended. Fold in half the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared crust. Scatter the remaining chips over the surface of the batter.
- Bake at 300F for 45 to 50 minutes until center is just set. Cool on rack at room temperature. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Serve with shaved chocolate and Splenda sweetened whipped cream.