Mexican Chocolate Tofu Pudding sugar free
I recently met a wonderfully interesting person who chooses his food with a decided lean towards Vegan. This is a rich chocolate dessert that will change the minds of most who hear Vegan and make a face - as I often do.
- ½ cup Truvia stevia blend natural sweetener
- 1 pound silken tofu
- 8 ounces high-quality bittersweet or dark chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Combine Truvia with ¾ cup water; bring to a boil and cook until dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Put the tofu, chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, and chili powder in a blender and purée until completely smooth, stopping machine to scrape down its sides. Divide between 6 ramekins and chill for at least 30 minutes. If you like, garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.
Serving size: Serves 6