Red Thai Curry Shrimp
If you are sensitive to heat, use half the Red Curry Paste and add a little more if desired - its spicy stuff! This dish comes together quickly enough to make it a weeknight favorite. I like it with steamed haricot verts - super thin green beans.
- 6 scallions, white and green, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste - Thai Kitchen is an excellent supermarket brand
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- One small can, 6-ounces light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Saute scallions, garlic and red curry paste in the oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-high for 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and fish sauce - lower heat, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp are just cooked through. Remove from heat - add cilantro and check seasoning. Serve with jasmine rice.
Serving size: Serves 4