Pork and Pancetta Stuffed Mushrooms
Serves: Fills about 20 medium mushroom caps or 10 large
Delish. This is a favorite from my favorite Food Network chef, Anne Burrell. Perfect for a Super Bowl Party or cocktail party.
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ pound pancetta, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and finely chopped
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, cleaned, caps reserved, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the pancetta over medium-high heat in a medium non-stick sauté pan. Add the onion and the crushed red pepper, and season with salt, to taste. Cook until the onions are very soft, 3 to4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in the mushroom stems and rosemary and saute until they brown and softened. Add the white wine and cook until the wine has evaporated. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine the pork, egg, Parmesan, and bread crumbs. Add the cooled mushroom mixture and combine well. Make a little tester patty and cook it to make sure the seasoning is correct. Season with salt, if needed.
- Fill each mushroom cap generously with the filling. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until the filling is cooked through and brown and crisp on top, about 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to serving platters and serve hot.
Nutrition InformationServing size: Serves 6