Creamy Parmesan Dressing
Do not tell anyone that this thick creamy dressing with a sharp Parmesan kick is low in fat and made with yogurt! You can use this as a sauce for fish or chicken or even as a dressing for chicken or egg salad. I imagine it would make an amazing plate of deviled eggs when used to replace ordinary mayonnaise. Or you can go with simplicity and drizzle it on some baby greens. It is hard to find crossroads of healthy and good!
Serves: 1½ cups
- ½ cup crumbled or shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about 2 ounces - please use the 'real stuff!)
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place cheese, yogurt, milk, olive oil, dill, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt & pepper in the food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.