Cream puffs are light decadent and can be made entire without sugar. Try these to serve for a special outing or occasion. People will HUG your neck!
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Jello Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding mix powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil 1 cup water with the butter and salt in a large saucepan.
- Add the flour all at once and cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture pulls away from the sides without sticking.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Let cool.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- With a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, pipe the dough into 9 mounds leaving space in between as they expand.
- Bake for 5 minutes, reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake for approximately 10 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool. (I keep mine in cooling oven with door ajar as humidity in Florida tends to un-crisp the pastries)
- Beat the whipping cream with the instant pudding powder and extract using electric beaters.
- Split the pastries and hollow them out; fill and put the tops back on.