Corn is a VEGETABLE and is therefore healthy. Have a few bites with your protein and savor the fresh crispness of summer corn. Chew it well!
Rather than covering up flavor in butter, this salad is light, healthy, and versatile as it goes with almost any grilled sliced meat, fish or seafood. It’s a great dish to have in your pocket to pull together a weeknight patio meal.
- ½ cup minced shallots (1 or 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Smuckers Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four, 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 large or 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup minced cilantro or basil
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a small bowl, whisk together shallots, mustard, preserves, vinegar, orange juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove about half of the dressing to a medium bowl and toss chicken in dressing to coat.
- Quickly grill corn 2 to 4 minutes per side, until kernels have a few grill marks. Cool to handle - cut corn from cob into bowl and toss with tomatoes, cilantro, and the reserved dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill chicken 4 to 6 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through. Slice chicken and arrange on plates. Top with corn salad