This very easy recipe, from The Grand Mayan resort in the Riviera Maya, is the best salsa you have ever tasted.
Simplicity at it’s best. Blend a cup of salsa with grilled shrimp and have a meal fit for a King (or Mayan Goddess).
Sheet Pan: Roasted Salsa Grand Mayan
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 2 pounds ripe plum or Roma tomatoes (about 8), cut in half
- 3 fresh jalapeños
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro including soft stems
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt
- Preheat broiler to 450 or highest setting.
- Arrange tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, and garlic on a sheet pan.
- Roast until charred on all sides, about 12 to 15 minutes - flesh should be soft with spots that are blackened.
- Transfer roasted vegetables along with the juice, to the food processor or blender with the cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Pulse a few times - you want the mixture to have a coarse texture.
- Spoon over grilled baked broiled pan seared fish, chicken, pork, turkey, beef!