This mushroom lover’s soup comes together quickly for a weeknight meal. Greek yogurt adds a tangy richness to the mushrooms and fresh dill that is off the chain!
Adding PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate turns the dish into a scrumptious high protein soup – whisk PURE into the Greek yogurt before stirring into the soup – it does not change the flavor or texture but adds over 60 grams of clean protein for the body to soak in!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces baby bella cremini, white mushrooms, or a combination, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken stock – Swanson Natural Goodness has excellent flavor
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 6-ounce container Fage 2% Greek yogurt (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill – stems removed (fresh is best, but if you use dried dill, please buy a fresh bottle and use 1/2 teaspoon)
Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium high heat and saute the mushrooms until they soften and release moisture. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mushroom edges begin to turn golden and liquid evaporates.
Sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to incorporate into the butter. Whisk while slowly adding the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until smooth and thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in the yogurt and dill, add additional salt and black pepper to taste, Serve warm or at room temperature.