Master these few simple blends and you will never again consider dousing your beautiful greens with bottled goo!
Cilantro Lime Dressing
Drizzle it on shredded store bought rotisserie chicken filled romaine lettuce boats. Use leftovers or a fresh batch to marinate chicken.
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Truvia
- Big pinch of sea salt
- A few grinds black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Olive Oil and Vinegar
Perfection is in the simplicity.
- 3 to 1… 3 parts olive oil to 1 part vinegar – any kind of vinegar you like… balsamic, red wine, white wine, cider, white, rice wine, champagne, or even lemon juice.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil to 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil to 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 cups olive oil to 1 cup vinegar
- 3 bathtubs olive oil to 1 bathtub vinegar
- Add a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Toss to coat.
Carrot Ginger Sesame
Drizzle it on shredded rotisserie chicken and toss with slivered snow peas
Use leftovers or a fresh batch to moisten leftover baked salmon in lettuce wraps
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Juice of one nice big orange
- half a finely grated carrot
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger – I use Garden Gourmet in a tube in the produce section
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Truvia
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds – optional but nice
Basil Lemon Vinaigrette
Drizzle it on barely sauteed zucchini ribbons or roasted grape tomatoes to serve as side dish or on top of roasted chicken or salmon
- 3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Basil (in a tube in the produce section)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice – usually half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Toss with grated cabbage as cole slaw or use to moisten a pan grilled salmon salad. Delish on mixed greens with sliced hard cooked egg.
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 minced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and black pepper