Maryland Crab Cakes
Serves: Makes 8 crab cakes
The crab is the star, so we are looking to enhance, not cover up the flavor. I bake my crab cakes and no one notices or cares that they are not deep fried or sautéed in butter. These are one of my favorite meals paired with a fresh tomato salad. The one-pound tins from Costco are the best deal around and every time we shop there make sure I pick up a tin of jumbo lump!
- 3 tablespoons Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons egg (scramble egg, then measure)
- 2 scallions finely minced
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound lump or jumbo lump crab
- 1 tablespoon butter
- A squeeze of fresh lemon - optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Blend mayonnaise, mustard, egg, scallions, and Old Bay in a large bowl. Gently fold in the crab, being careful not to break up the lumps. Using a large ice cream scoop, or ring molds divide into eight even portions on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle a few drops of melted butter on top of each cake. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Add a squeeze of lemon before serving.