Fresh Market had a super sale on bone in Chicken Breasts! That means a great supper but also next day Chicken Salad.
I picked up 4 large pieces of chicken which I liberally coated with Tony Chatcheres Creole Seasoning and roasted at 375 degrees on a rimmed baking pan for 25 to 35 minutes, until chicken is opaque and an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees when inserted in thickest part of breast. Chicken breast roasted pulled from the oven at 160 degrees will continue to rise in temperature to 165 and will be juicy and tender. Dinner was simple but excellent – I had so much beautiful tender chicken I cubed it to make a chicken salad for next day lunch. Two large breasts should yield 3 cups of cooked chicken. Boom.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt - I only use Fage as it is thick and creamy
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's Light Mayo
- 1 teaspoon curry powder - buy fresh, so its bold and flavorful, not old or dusty
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup minced sweet or red onion
- ¼ cup minced celery - I use tender pale hearts and leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup grapes, cut into halves or quarters
- 3 to 4 cups cubed roasted chicken - either from roasting bone in breasts, boneless, or even a store bought rotisserie chicken
- Blend yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, pepper, onion, celery and parsley in a large bowl. Add chicken and grapes, then gently fold until well coated. Serve a scoop on a bed of baby arugula or sliced tomato.