Sugar Free Hot Cocoa Mix
A great recipe for a rich and chocolaty, no sugar, powdered hot cocoa mix to blend for the winter months. It is economical too, so make a double batch to keep in the kitchen! For a bariatric friendly high protein treat, add a scoop of Inspire Dutch Chocolate Cake to your mug with the cocoa mix for a double chocolate protein cocoa, or a scoop of Inspire Peanut Butter Cookie for Peanut Butter Cup protein cocoa, or Caramel Latte for Hot Mocha Latte protein. Mmmmm
Serves: About ten cups cocoa
- 2 cups Splenda Granulated or 1 cup Truvia Blend (Truvia is 2 times as sweet as Splenda or sugar)
- 1 cup Dutch cocoa
- 2½ cups powdered lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional, but delish!)
- Combine Splenda, cocoa, powdered milk, salt, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl using a wire whisk until mixture appears evenly blended. (I use my food processor as I do not like lumps of cocoa)
- Easily doubles or triples and stores in an airtight container on shelf. Looks lovely in a Mason jar or canister as a gift.
- To prepare a mug of cocoa. Heat 1½ cups of water or almond milk in a small pot.
- Fill a large mug to about ⅓ with your Cocoa Mix and add the hot water while stirring constantly. You will need to play with the proportions as all mugs are different sizes, but generally 3 tablespoons per 1 cup liquid is a nice level of sweetness and chocolate goodness.
- Add a squirt of Land O Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream if desired.